Last week I wrote about what I’m doing and not doing concerning social media. More specifically the ins and outs of properly using twitter as an effective marketing tool. I got together with Saul for an on air hangout discussing this particular topic and the different tools such as hootsuite to maximize the twitter experience. The goal is to change myself from a Twitter Twit to a Twitternista.
A good free way to look at Twitter
Saul showed me what he does with (free version) Hootsuite:
In this hangoutonair we talk on:
- Setting up your Hootsuite Twitter columns
- Watching and replying to Twitter mentions
- Starting and using an inner circle Twitter list
- Supporting those who support you by retweeting
- Scheduling tweets and retweets to not flood your followers
- Tuning hashtags, editing long tweets, and other tricks that help people who want to support you
What are your tricks and tips on keeping up with your supporters in Twitter and other social networks?